More pictures!
This is us at lunch at a pizza place on our second day in Lovosice. Sitting with us are our two Czech translators who are members of the church and the one translators girlfriend, Monica. The guy, Girka, is the youth director. Anna, the girl is 19 and married and is studying to be an English teacher.This is our host mom, Mirka and our sister, Dani. They are so wonderful. This is a pictures of them in Praha.

This is our brother Standa. He is 14 and we are in Praha in the picture.

Standa, our father, and Lukas or Luky our little brother.

Standa is hilarious and so are the boys. This picture is on Charles Bridge in Praha. They played a trick on us one evening and had us go to this spot in the garden while Standa, the father disappeared. The next thing we knew he had turned on the water sprinkler and we were drenched. It was amazing. It was hilarious because then he came running out and said Czech 1 American 0. But, the most amazing part is our plans for pay back. I will keep you posted!
The view that evening in Praha. And yes I took tons of pictures. The joke the whole night was how my family was always like, 'Dreama, goodbye!¨The only way they knew how to tell me time to go. HahaStupid American Mistake Number 5,323,945,435
We swear the Czechs made us do it!

7 Comments:
AHOJJJJ!!!!
Vse je uzasny! ...vice fotky, prosim! =)
Samozrejme, nemluvim moc cesky ;), ale to je velmi zajimave! Slovanský skloňování usmrti mne... alespoň je kupodivu jako rusky!! Proc tvuj jmeno? Jiste mate sve duvody, ale te vrdrt Pravda byl opravda kommunistika strana propagačni noviny v Moskve, ano?
stejne... haha jak bydlite v Ceska Republika? A co Praha? A TE VRDRT tvůj přátelé (a milenci, hoho!), kdo miluji te moc, potřebovaji mnoho vzpominka ... musim jit, štěsti, adios!
"Strč prst skrz krk!",
--JK
Thanks for the pictures and the "Blog".It makes us feel like we a part of your journey.
Take care and enjoy yourself.
We are praying for you.
Walter & Betty
Haha Jay I love you but I tried to get my sister to translate and she was like put her hand across her throat like ahh bad. HAHA But some things made sense. Pravda is truth in Czech aka my journey. Yes I will keep the pictures coming. Im not sure what else the message is saying. HAHA But love ya man and hopefully will see you soon. Maybe another eventful night at Blockbuster with lots of Ice Cream??? I think yes!
Dreama
Heeey Dreams!!
Sorry about being incoherent! I tried very hard, I promise ;]. For one, I had just gotten a Czech book the day before and was dying to try it out (badly)! For two, skipped tons of diacritcs, etc etc... so that probably doubly doubled the screwing-up of the screwed-up quotient.
Yeah, I was complaining about murderous levels of declension (linguistics...), and yeah, pravda means 'truth' all over slavic languages, and, like Fox News's "Fair And Balanced", is like the most abused word ever (famously, the soviet propaganda paper Pravda, = Orwell's Squealer... diff govt now, same quality... haha
second para, i was trying for something like:
anyway,... haha hwo is life in CR? And what [about] prague? and YOU KNOW your friends, who love you very much, demand lotsa souvenirs ;P... must go, g'luck, adios! (bashed it, huh?)
currently working on a ridiculously complicated wahoo coursebook on compiler theory, but maybe i'll give czech blog posting another shot sometime! i'm touched that anyone got anything out of it. glad youre doin' fine... don't do anything i wouldn't do... hahaha peace
--JK! PS I think ano!
Here are some links that I believe will be interested
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»
Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home