A Lost Slipper and No Prince Charming
The ballet last night was quite lovely. Cinderella was a great story to see on the stage and the dancers did such a wonderful job portraying so gracefully their characters. Although, I think seeing the story was fate. On my way to the ballet I lost my high heel as I was getting onto one of the trams. It was really funny now looking back on it. It was a close call! I had to jump off really fast to save my "glass slipper" from the streets of
Today was kind of a "sad" day in my book. There really are no reasons for it - just I guess a mixture of emotions about my time here and my time away from all that is home to me. Although, I must confess the best way to cure a bad day - SHOPPING. Don't worry, I just picked up a cute pair of earrings on my way back from lunch. Elayna and I stopped at this really cute shop near the place we ate at for lunch. They have lots of cute accessories and they also had a SLEVA - a key Czech word for women -
Right now I am waiting for Sara to finish preparing dinner. She is so sweet! She wanted to cook dinner for our apartment, which we are all really excited about. The other good side of this evening is that I am having some time to collect and write this blog and just spend some time with myself. Alone time is always a good thing! J
This morning also saw the debut of our "Chore Wheel." Amanda Russo, please be proud. I couldn't find posterboard at Tesco (it's like a Belk, Kroger, Wal-mart, Target in one...it'sBritish owned), so I decided a pretty background of blue wrapping paper would suffice. Thus, the "Chore Wheel" has been created and is up and in full use, and of course by full use I mean everyone has until next Wednesday to finish their chore before it switches! Maybe I'll include pictures, although, I must confess it is nowhere as near as amazing as the wheel in
Katharine (another girl in my apartment) and I made it to the post office today after class. It was quite an experience! Lots of lines and waiting and taking numbers just to mail a couple of letters, but thankfully the woman at the counter spoke English. Although, I have become less fond of this, wishing I could actually speak the language rather than have to depend on other's abilities to understand me. Why can't everyone speak AMERICAN? (that was a joke - dedicated to Rachel Johnson)
Oh, today at lunch someone finally let me practice my
Well, dinner is on the table, so that's all for today!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home